Sunday, November 8, 2009

Berlin!






Sorry it's been such a while. For the most part I'm going to let the photos speak for themselves. Berlin was a great city. Probably one of my favorites. Someone who greatly contributed to that experience was our tour guide extraordinaire Gabriel Fawcett. Over the Berlin stretch I went to the Berlin zoo, a karaoke bar, the old berlin wall, a great chocolate cafe called Fersbergher-Rausch (or something like that)... and much much more. I loved living in an apartment with Lizzie and Elri and making dinners together every night =)
Our Berlin stay was interrupted by 3 days in Poland and 3 in Prague. Poland was one of the hardest places because that's when we visited Auschwitz-Birkenau. Prague was pretty sweet, with probably the greatest Lebanese restaurant known to man and the sweetest castle!

Love to you all!

Marina

1. Alex and I on halloween. We both had butterflies painted on our faces =) And who said Europe didn't celebrate Halloween? Some of our group even dressed up as fellow professors or students. Maddie and Lizzie were Snape and Harry Potter, that was pretty memorable.
2. Elri and I in our apartment before the ballet we attended in Berlin.
3. Megan and I in front of the Berliner Dom cathedral on Museums Insel.
4. Megan, Lizzie, and I kicking leaves. Yeah, Germany has seasons. It's great.
5. Reichstag building in Berlin

No comments:

Post a Comment